Thursday, July 3, 2008

Battle Rattle


This is the Army's latest version of helmet, ballistic eyewear and protective ballistic vest and stuff modeled by yours truly. There is actually a really decent first aid kit, with a C.A.T. Tourniquet, a nasal pharangeal airway, fixin's to start an IV or do needle chest decompression and some really good bandages and so forth attached on my right side. There's a belt cutter and a Gerber multi-tool, ammo pouches and more that I have attached to it. The black thing is the case for the cool eyewear (comes with prescription dark lenses, too), which isn't really supposed to be worn on the outside like that.


The whole ensemble weighs in at about 40 pounds with all the ballistic plates installed (Yes dear, I have all my armor protection in), but it feels pretty well balanced - for the first 10 minutes or so - then, it's just damned heavy.......


My compatriots here were looking at my blog and told me I should have at least one picture of myself in here once in awhile so y'all don' forget what I look like.


Tomorrow's the 4th of July.... A training holiday, but nowhere much to go... There are going to be fireworks, but no beer - been a long time since I watched fireworks sober....


Happy Independence Day and God Bless America!




2 comments:

Bonk Family said...

Occasionally I do random flipping in the blogspot site. I happened to stop on yours, and soon realized that you were from CF, IA. I'm from Grundy Center. Just wanted to say a huge thanks for all you do!! If you want to see my blog, I'm at sandgbonk.blogspot.com. Thanks again for your service to our country. Happy 4th!!!

Gina Bonk

Carrie and Mike said...

Hey dad! Happy 4th of July! Great picture! :)