Saturday, August 23, 2008

Weekend Update.........

Well,

I suppose I should apologize for not updating sooner, but we've been a little preoccupied in the Morse household. Lois did get her bike, then we had an incident (See her blog: Three times is a Charm and Carrie's blog: Mike and Carrie Starting Out for the gruesome details and pics. Both of these are accessible from my blog list on the left margin. You know, that one, over there <-.

I ended up staying at home for an extra 10 days or so - (Thanks honey, but please don't go to such an extreme again to get me a few days of leave) - but now I'm back at Ft Sill. My flight leaves tomorrow at 1800 Local (6:00 PM for all you civilians out there) for Kuwait City International. As luck would have it, I'll still make it to the war in time to ensure we win, so don't fret.

I have a specific mission when I get there and I'll still be in time, so everything is working out OK. I'll try and get some pics next time - as long as I can get the S2 folks' blessing. Operational Security and all that......

Poor Lois is still pretty sore, but she's going to heal up just fine and she's still excited about her new bike. We plan to enjoy some pre-retirement riding when I get home and see if it's really going to be as much fun as we hope.

Thanks so much to all of you who have offered aid and assistance. Gotta mention Lori Miller and her kind gift of ribs that first Friday night when Lois got out of the hospital. Then, she followed that up with a great crockpot pork loin dinner a couple of days later. Lois was going to call her the next afternoon and ask her what was for dinner! Thanks, Lori. You're the greatest, and it couldn't have come at a better time. OK Perry, thanks to you, too. I know you want some of the credit...

I'll most likely be out of touch for a bit - gonna be on the move for a few weeks, so I won't have unlimited access to the 'net until we get settled in Iraq. I'll try and post a quickie from the nearest "Internet Cafe" wherever I happen to be.

I understand my duty station is quite civilized, so I should eventually be up and running as normal.

Keep on writing - I love to hear what's happening in the real world..

Later, Dave

No comments: